We work with clients to record changes promptly to their patent, trademark and design rights worldwide.
Get in touch
We specialise in supporting clients in large scale IP recordal projects, from collecting relevant documentation to managing the differing legal and administrative requirements worldwide.
IP rights need to be kept accurate and up to date if they are to be legally valid at the time when you need them most. After a change of name, owner or address, a merger or acquisition, liquidation or other business change, it is essential to update the records held by national patent and trademark offices worldwide. However, recording such changes is a complex and administratively demanding legal process, with the types of documents required, and fees and procedures varying considerably between countries.
Outsource your project to an experienced IP provider
NovumIP's recordal services take the pressure off corporate IP departments and law firms while ensuring that crucial deadlines and formalities are met. We specialise in coordinating cost-effective recordals of status changes for patents, utility models, trademarks and designs in all global jurisdictions.
Our highly qualified team of IP administrators is highly experienced in local laws and regulations to ensure the successful completion of your project. Our global agent network enables us to offer highly competitive fixed fee rates providing predictability and transparency. A dedicated IP attorney with knowledge of local laws and regulations will oversee the successful completion of your project.
How we can help
We specialise in:
- Advanced formality management;
- Reliable updating of all proprietor data;
- Worldwide coordination of recordal of assignments;
- Data management via interfaces with existing IP management systems;
- Preparation and legalisation of required assignment documents, at home and abroad;
- Registration or deletion of liens, securities and exclusive licences.
Why work with us?
Our global presence and long-standing heritage in IP enables us to provide:
- Flexible solutions customised to your needs;
- A dedicated IP recordals team;
- A central point of contact for all jurisdictions;
- A competitive worldwide agent network;
- Peace of mind from professional data management;
- Transparent and predictable pricing;
- Access to our proprietary software, which facilitates web-based instruction and provides data insight to inform IP decision making.
Safeguard your assets by taking advantage of our vast experience and established procedures to protect your IP rights effectively in light of the differing international requirements and documentation.
Step 1: Data transfer
via data import or hard copy
Step 2: Data audit
using internal plausibility checks
Step 3: Document preparation
in a ready-to-sign format
Step 4: Correspondence management
coordination between all offices, authorities and agents at home and abroad
Step 5: Recordal
at the relevant office, in light of backlogs and expected timescales
Step 6: Confirmation
forwarding of official documents for checking and safe-keeping
You might also be interested in
Our IP for
Our IP due diligence experts undertake IP background checks on acquisition targets and also prepare portfolios for sale, even to tight deadlines.
We work with clients to establish and manage IP strategies and portfolios that support and deliver on their corporate goals.
Sophisticated systems that deliver real-time insight into IP portfolios that helps to track and measure return on investment.